Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tri Tip with Red Wine Sauce

I tried to follow the recipe from the Rouxbe Cooking School. Here's the recipe.

The tri trip cooking nicely, look at the sucs!


Steaks resting, I did add an aluminum foil tent over them:


Start of the sauce. Butter, shallots and sucs!


After adding the red wine. I didn't cook it hot enough and didn't get the syrupy texture, part of learning the hard way:


The end result cut up:


As you can see, the sauce is a little watery, but still very flavorful:


My first attempt to cook steaks on the new pan. My first attempt making red wine sauce. All in all, came out tasty! I bought a Mauviel M'Cook 5 Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan from Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous pan, gorgeous dinner.
    your failure looks better than my successes!

    ReplyDelete