Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Panko-Coated Chicken Schnitzel

Panko-Coated Chicken Schnitzel is a dish by Thomas Keller of The French Laundry fame.

The recipe can be found here.

I used 1/2 of the ingredients as I wasn't going to make it for 4. I used one huge chicken breast and tried my best to cut them into similiar sizes. I made it with japanese rice and steamed bok choy. Sadly, I over-steamed the bok choy. Rather then make the buttery sauce, I sprinkled over parsely, spread some miso paste, and squeezed a fresh lemon over the chicken. When dipping the chickens in the panko, it gets really sticky! After frying, place on plate with paper towels and I also tented them with aluminum foil.



Chicken frying along....



Viola!



How does it taste? Very yummy!!! I have leftovers to enjoy as well :)

You could add Japanese curry to it and it'd the same as what you'd order at Hurry Curry, thanks Pat for pointing that out :)

1 comment: