Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon

I attempted to try making Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Stew). I found a recipe from I Know How to Cook. The recipe is here at NY Times' website (may require logging in). The article about it is here. It's based off a more french version as opposed to Julia Child's version. I made the stew, poured out the contents to a another bowl over ice to bring the temps down. After the pot cooled, I poured it back in and put in the fridge to eat the next night. I added carrots in while reheating it to eat for dinner. I decided to make rice to help soak up the juice.

Here's from Kronenbourg in Paris:


Simmering:
Simmering

4.5qt Le Creuset:
Le Creuset

The results (over rice):
Viola!

If you really want to try an insane version, try Thomas Keller's version from his Bouchon book. The recipe can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. it sounds delicious, it looks delicious, heck, it even smells delicious, but i looked at the recipe and...i'm too intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the linked recipe is the easy way to do it! give it a try!

    ReplyDelete