Sunday, March 28, 2010

Iced Lemongrass Tea

Iced Lemongass Tea

Lemongrass just smells good, and it happens to taste as well as it smells. You might notice hotels will use lemongrass scents in soaps, shampoos, etc. I had my first lemongrass tea in Thailand, very good. I decided to try a recipe I found on google, it was close but not quite...


3 lemongrass stalks
4 cups water
3tsp sugar

Boil 4 cups of water. Remove 1-2 outer linings of the lemongrass. Cut off bulb end. I made small slice marks on the stalks then cut into smaller pieces. I placed clear wrap over and hit lightly to bruise the lemongrass with a small sauce pan. Add lemongrass and sugar to boiling water, cook for around 10 minutes. Remove the lemongrass and enjoy over ice.

After boiling and removing the lemongrass:



Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment